Kids

Kids

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Life Updates

Other than issue related Emery and Blake updates, I haven't blogged about our life in general. Things have been chugging along as usual. Bruce left his accounting firm in December for a new job. Not much difference in pay, but his hours have dramatically decreased. He has gone from working 70 ish hours per week to about 45 to 50. He is so much happier and is rarely stressed out. I still am the one running all the kids to appointments and activities, but if there is a conflict, it is no big deal for him to get out of work to help out. He hated leaving his firm, but sometimes you have to make a decision to better balance your work/life style.

My volleyball coaching season went by super fast. I had forgotten how fun it is to work with little 5th graders. They were all so full of enthusiasm, it brightened my day. They dramatically improved from the beginning to the end of the season and were a great group of girls. I am so glad I decided to help out my friend. I was a bit hesitant about investing so much volunteer time when I didn't even have a kid on the team. But, I enjoyed it immensely. I'm looking forward to helping out again in the Fall.

December brought our family two additional drivers. Ashley got her drivers permit and Nicole got her drivers license. They haven't driven much throughout our snowy Michigan winter, but I'm sure they will be asking to drive more often soon. We are trying to find a good used car for Bruce so the girls can have his old car. It would be nice to have a few less places for me to drive to!

We had a great Christmas. Emery handled the holidays fairly well as compared to last year. The twins celebrated their 10th birthday in January. Blake had a big class party at Jesters Court (a big bounce/slide place) around the corner from our house. We had about 35ish kids and it was a lot of fun. Emery also had a great time there. Can't believe they were only 7 when we brought them home. Time just moves too fast for me.

Spring break is almost here. We are staying home and hopefully doing some major spring cleaning both inside and outside the house. No fun Florida trip for the kids and I this year. Bruce no longer has a crazy tax season, so I have no excuse to just get away with the kids.

I am looking forward to Spring and Summer. I have the twins signed up for a few new activities and we are planning a big family vacation. I will post about the activities and vacation soon.

Here are some pictures to enjoy. The twins have really grown, especially Emery. She is 4.5 inches taller than Blake now. She was about 4 inches shorter than him 3 years ago.

I couldn't get many pictures to load properly, so I am posting only a few.

Ashley all dressed up for a school dance.

Blake thought Gracie might be cold.

10th Birthday Celebration

My two drivers

15th and 16th Birthday Celebration

Christmas

 

The weather cooperated with our chalkboard
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment