Kids

Kids

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Surgery and other updates

I had my surgery on Monday, the 11th. Everything went well. My ACL was replaced, minor repair to the MCL and the meniscus was only partially shredded so only a minor repair was required. The surgeon estimated I will be on crutches for about 2 weeks. Not too bad. I began rehab therapy yesterday and will go twice a week for 6 weeks. The exercises I have to do are killers, but I know they are necessary for recovery.

I saved some tasks to complete that I could do from the sofa due to my lack of mobility. One of the tasks was updating my blog! I also labeled Blake's school supplies and placed a few school clothes orders online. School shopping is almost complete. We need to take a trip to Shoe Carnival and pick up a few more items and we will be done. School starts August 26th so I will need to finish up for sure next week. Also have haircuts scheduled for all four kids next week.

I finished the kids 2013/2014 memory boxes just before my surgery. That is always a project. Glad it is done. I really need to get working on scrapbooking since Nicole graduates in 3 years and Ashley in 4 years. I am way behind. Just beginning 2008, so I really need to kick it in gear.

We did not go to the cottage this past weekend so I took some time for me. Nicole watched the twins Friday afternoon while Ashley and I went out to lunch and then went to our favorite scrapbooking store, Pages In Time. My sister watched the twins on Saturday while Bruce and I went furniture shopping and out to lunch. We are finally getting new sofas for the living room. Ours are in very bad shape. The new sofas are very inexpensive, but will look better than what we have now. Then on Saturday night, Ashley watched the twins and we had an adult dinner outing at Founders Brewery. I sure enjoyed my 2 days of spoiling myself. Just what I needed prior to surgery!

I thought I was completely done with St. Anthony sports for at least 2 years until Blake was in 5th grade. However, my dear friend asked me to be her assistant volleyball coach for her 5th grade daughter's team. She agreed to assist for me way back when Nicole began volleyball and we barely new each other at the time. So there was no way I could say no. Practice already began on the 11th (coincidence that it was the day of my surgery). Ashley is filling in for me until I'm back on my feet. So much for a break from dealing with all the middle school sports drama at our school. But I am excited to work with my friend again. Looking forward to a good season.

Well that is it for now. It's time for me to do my killer knee exercises again. yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment