Kids

Kids

Monday, October 21, 2013

Life Updates

Hoping I don't repeat myself, but here are somethings going on now.

Our family picture session was canceled due to weather conditions.  We knew this was a possibility.  Our next scheduled date is October 22nd!  On the plus side, we were able to enjoy Art Prize in downtown Grand Rapids for several hours.  Thanks to our photographer and friend for the great recommedations!

Blake and Emery had a follow-up appointment with their ophthamologist.  Emery's strabismus has improved and at this time surgery is not recommended.  Blake, however, has shown no improvement.  I was told that he still has some control, but he could eventually lose all control of his eye muscle.  If this happens, he will not be a candidate for corrective surgery.  I prayed that eye surgery would not be necessary, but I do not like the possibility of him never having the option to correct his strabismus.  Unfortunately, surgery is not a permanent fix.  He most likely will need surgery one to three more times in his life. Nonetheless, we decided to go forward with the surgery.  It is scheduled for this Wednesday.  He will have a 4 day recovery period with minimal discomfort.  Please keep Blake in your prayers.

Nicole has completed drivers training and now has her permit.  I can't believe she is driving.  Time sure does fly by quickly.  A whole new world awaits her!  High School is going well for Nicole.  Despite her tough academic load of AP and honors courses, she has found time to join a creative writing club and Students for Life.  I am very proud of my independent, confident daughter.  Nicole was was Confirmed last Tuesday at St. Andrew's Cathedral.  It was a beautiful ceremony.

We have made no progress with our insurance company battles.  All hope is not yet lost, but I fear we are getting closer to losing these battles.

On the volleyball front we are still dealing with the same issues. In addition, the same girl is now being singled out and mistreated at each game.  Fortunately we are almost at the end of the season.  Unfortunately, these girls will never get their middle school volleyball years back.  I have composed a "thank you" letter to the coaches highlighting the 4 years of mistreatment some of the girls have had to endure.  I will probably never send it.  I am not fond of being a complainer and creating controversy.  But, these issues have caused me to question my faith in people and the management of our Catholic school.  I think I feel more strongly simply because it involves defenseless kids.  I am torn between letting it go and taking a stand.  I need to move on.  Basketball season begins soon and I have to prepare for my own team.  One thing is certain, I will be coaching with a heart for kids.

Blake's class sang in school mass this past week.  Blake was thrilled to dress up and sing and do all of the hand motions to the songs.  This kid loves to sing!  I am currently researching voice and/or musical instrument lessons for him.  As soon as he is finished with his physical therapy, we want to sign him up for some lessons!

Ashley dressed up the twins in Fall clothes and took some pictures for me.  She also curled Emery's hair. She did a great job!  Enjoy the pictures.

Blake singing "FAITH" at Mass


Ashley serving for the 1st time in two years.
She scored 3 points during this turn.






1 comment: