Kids

Kids

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

3 Months Home

The twins have been home now for a little over 3 months. It seems like these 3 months went by so quickly, yet it feels like the twins have been with us forever. I believe are family has now settled into our new normal. Day to day things run smoothly, the twins know our routine, and they fit into our family perfectly. Blake is continuously being goofy and making us all laugh. He has a great sense of humor. Emery is our giggly little monkey. She can (and does) climb anything and everything. Keeping me on my toes for sure. Emery is now saying around 15 or 16 words. She is much more willing to try to say words now. She has the cutest voice. I just love to hear her say words. Her potty training has been difficult, but she is finally making progress. She has not had any pee accidents in over a week. Poop is another story. Part of the issue is that she still has very loose stools and I think she just can't make it to the bathroom in time. Another part is that she will not tell us when she has to go. She usually goes when we ask her to or she just walks in the bathroom and waits for me to come and help her. Also keeps me on my toes. A third part of the issue is that sometimes she is just plain stubborn and poops in her undies. Drives me crazy! But at least we are moving forward. She is such a cuddle bug and cutie pie. She loves going to the cottage and swimming in the lake. She is not afraid to try new things. I love that about her. She has a temper and is not afraid to show it to us! She has spunk. So different from the quiet, shy little girl we picked up in Bulgaria. Blake is doing great. He loves being on the boat and helping us drive! He swims with us without worrying about his leg wound. He hates doing school work. I am concerned and pray he will do better in a classroom setting. If first grade is too much for him, we may have to bump him down to kindergarten. I hope this is not the case because I think 1st grade is a good fit for him socially. Time will tell. His English is coming along fine. We are working with him on using complete sentences and saying "I" in place of "Blake". Since things have started feeling normal, we decided it was time to set up therapy evaluations. We have evaluations scheduled this month.  We are hoping to get language development therapy for Blake and speech/language therapy and occupational therapy for Emery. We will hopefully have a
therapy plan for both kids in a few weeks.  We are getting ready to travel to Cincinnati this Sunday for our orthopedic appointment and International Adoption Clinic appointments on Monday.  Praying for some better news about Blake's leg and a safe trip.

1 comment:

  1. CCHMC has a service called Child Life. You can call them if you want (513-636-8855) and ask them to bring some toys to the IAC appointment which will certainly last a few hours (around 3-4). Child Life has brought some awesome things for my son: iPads, light-up toys, musical toys and so on for various appointments.

    Email me if you have any questions: viviane8 at yahoo dot com. I live in Cincinnati and am at CCHMC all the time (three times this week alone) for my kids. Will he happy to help in any way.

    ReplyDelete