Kids

Kids

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gotcha Day

We left or apartment at 7am Monday to drive to the orphanage. It was about an hour and a half drive. I think both kids remembered us. Emery went directly to Daddy! Blake was excited to see us all and loved being introduced to his sisters. We were at the orphanage for almost an hour. Some of the caregivers were already crying when we walked in. When it was time to leave, all of the caregivers were in tears. I had all I could do to not cry, and I do not cry easily. I felt so bad for their caregivers. What a hard thing to know the twins deserve a family and have to say goodbye while their hearts are breaking. We took a great picture of the twins with about 20 or so caregivers in front of the orphanage. As we drove away, all were waving and blowing kisses. Blake immediately began switching the van light on and off and then Emery had to do it too. They rode well back to Sofia and nobody got sick! We had to go to the police station for some paper work and pictures. I wasn't aware of this stop. When our driver had us stand with all four kids in an extremely tiny area surrounded by many people and told us he had about 30 minutes of paperwork to do, I about died. Are you kidding me! No, he wasn't kidding. After trying to contain two 7 year olds in a 5 x 5 area for about 10 minutes, we decided to go outside to the side walk. There wasn't a huge area but it was much better. Emery did fine. Blake is quite the escape artist and kept Nicole on her toes! It was nice to finally get to the apartment. I thought I would walk the twins around and show them all of the rooms. They beat me too this and had completely made themselves at home within 10 minutes. Lots more to write about but need to tend to my speedy little twins right now. More later...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! So exciting.. Twins .. I always wanted twins. You'll have to let us know how that goes. ;o) Yes I am sure they will keep their Mama hopping. Your daughters are going to be a huge blessing I am sure. Can't wait to see your updated family photo. All the best... take lots of pictures and God's Speed home!!!

    ReplyDelete