Kids

Kids

Friday, January 6, 2012

Article 5 Letter

We were notified on Tuesday that our Article 5 letter has been issued.  So our adoption file is now at the MOJ.  This is part 2 of a 3 step process.  Part 3 is the court process in Bulgaria.  Normally parts 2 and 3 take 4 to 6 weeks until completion.  Then about 2 to 4 weeks after the completion of part 3, travel dates are issued.  Our caseworker is still telling us that the processes should go much quicker since we are adopting waiting children that have special needs.  I hope she is right.  Otherwise, we could still be looking at another 4 months until we have B & E home.  It is becoming harder and harder to be patient!

Our caseworker requested that we have our medical letters updated as well as our local criminal checks.  We are going to take care of these updates next week.  Then we will have them notarized and apostilled.  Our agency has us do these updates at this stage, just in case during the court process the judge requests them. 

We are still getting prepared for the twins.  I have now purchased most of their clothing with the exception of a few odds and ends.  I have most everything for their bedroom now.  Just have to get it all put together!  I have created a file of picture cards to help with language, routines, and emotions.  I was planning on tweaking the pictures today and printing and laminating them.  However, my laptop  touchpad and buttons are messed up and not working properly.  I spent a lot of time googling for solutions - with no success.  Unfortunately, this has happened before and required a trip to the computer shop.  So, my picture cards did not get completed AND my computer has issues.  Not a very productive afternoon.  

I found some snowman pjs for the twins that match some the girls have.  I can't wait to take a picture of all 4 of them in their matching pjs while we are in Bulgaria!  When I mentioned this to the girls, my 13 year old said "really mom?"  Yes, really!  I have been dreaming about these kind of things forever!  At least my 12 year old still thinks it will be a fun picture!!!

2 comments:

  1. yeah, almost there! The moj is the longest wait. They took 3 weeks to sign the paperwork to send to court. Then court took a couple of weeks and then we travelled 4 weeks after passing court, so you have an idea of timeline. So excited for you. What are their ages again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Can't wait to see your twins come home too...we are leaving in about three weeks! :-)
    Cynthia
    http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete