Friday, September 23, 2011

NBC Glitch

So are I800 Application was supposed to be approved yesterday.  Rather than getting a call from our caseworker with good news, we got a call with some not-so-good news.  The NBC officer wants two more documents notorized and wants our social worker to make a visit to our cottage.  The documents were not a big deal - we did that immediately.  A bit frustrating, since they were not required to be notorized to begin with - but it's done and I just have to fed ex them today.  The cottage visit is very frustrating.  We own 50 percent of the cottage and only use it in the summer months.  Our social worker said this is the first time ever that she has been requested to visit a second home.  Lucky us!  Anyway, she was able to schedule the visit for next Tuesday and she is going to process the paperwork immediately.  So, overall, maybe only a one week delay.  What really concerns me is that we have had delays due to our government and we haven't even began dealing with the Bulgarian government yet.  Red tape.......!  I am praying for you Emery and Blake - we will be there soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear this! I know you must be feeling similar to us...that we're soooo close yet still so far away and it is very frustrating to have *any* delays at all even if you know it won't be much longer.
    In the hopes of cheering you up...your new family picture is adorable! What a beautiful and kind looking family...the twins are blessed to have you all looking out for them and ready to love them!