Kids

Kids

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Next Step - I800A

We received our Home Study Approval Letter from our agency.  Our social worker sent out our copies of the home study yesterday.  As soon as we receive the home study, I can file the I800A package!  I have it all ready to go.  We are finally moving in the right direction again.  As soon as we receive our NBC approval letter, I can send out the balance of our dossier package.  I have this already to go as well.  A few items will need to be apostilled.  I am glad we live 20 minutes from a Secretary of State office that will apostille paperwork.  I have been there twice so far and it has only taken 10 minutes!  Normally it can take up to 14 weeks to receive the NBC approval letter.  However, since we are adopting waiting children, it is possible to expedite this process.  We are hoping to cut the time at least by half.  Unfortunately, we probably will not have the kids home by the end of the year.  Maybe shortly thereafter - hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. I just read your latest post and was again amazed at the similarities of our adoption and yours! We just got our official homestudy paperwork yesterday and will be ready to file the I-800A. We are also adopting small twins from a country nearby Bulgaria. Even our blog names are similar(which is how I accidentally found you!) I'm so happy for all of you and hope and pray that everything goes smoothly from here on forward! :-)
    Cynthia
    http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete