Kids

Kids

Monday, July 25, 2011

Names

Introducing......Blake and Emery Vandermeulen.  We finally decided on the twins names about a month or so ago.  I am tired of writing 'boy' and 'girl' in my posts:)  They will keep their Bulgarian name as their middle name.  Deciding on the names was a very long process.  I read many articles about changing a child's name.  There are a host of opinions that go both ways on this issue.  We always knew we would keep their names either as middle or first .   After deciding to keep them as middle, we ran into another issue.  The girls wanted a vote on the names.  Four people trying to agree on names was crazy.  We agreed on Blake right away.  The only other contender was Zach.  Agreeing on Emery took forever.  Bruce and I had a hard time agreeing on names for both of our girls.  So I expected this to be a long process.  Throw in the girls opinions, and it was even more difficult.  We all had it narrowed down to Ella, Rachel, Alyson, and Emery.  We all agreed that any of these names looked like they would fit her, based on her pictures.  Bruce and I finally decided that we would choose from the four.  I told him I liked all of the names, so he could choose.  He had been leaning toward Rachel all along.  But in the end, he chose Emery.  What a process!  I think we are all happy with the names.  Of course, their middle names cannot be posted until they are officially ours. 

1 comment: